After an accident that hurts their spinal cord, people frequently suffer from long-term problems, pain, and even paralysis. By going to court against the person who caused your accident, your spinal cord injury attorney can get you monetary compensation for the damages and other losses. They’ll gather proof, talk with the insurance company of the person who hurt you, and maybe even file a legal complaint to secure your compensation.
Impacts Of Painful Spinal Injuries
Spinal cord injuries stop your brain from talking to your body parts, which means you have less control over your limbs. Injuries are called “complete” if you have no sensory or motor skills below the injury, or “incomplete” if you still have certain sensory or motor abilities below the injury.
People with spinal cord injuries all have at least one of the following problems:
- Loss of movement, such as in paraparesis or paralysis, where you can’t move at all or only in certain ways.
- Loss of senses, like being unable to sense cold, heat, or touch
- Spasms or overactive reflexes are signs of this.
- Lack of control over the bowels or bladder
- Pain or a stinging feeling caused by damage to nerve fibers
- Changes in ovulation, sexual function, and sensitivity
- Having trouble breathing, coughing, or getting phlegm out of the lungs
The effects of a spinal injury are, of course, much more than just physical or medical. Spinal cord accidents force people to learn how to live within the limits of their injury. They might lose their capacity to work and pay bills, endure much suffering and pain, and deal with many other terrible long-term effects.
Compensation From Spine Injury
We can cover the following compensation and expenses you have spend while having surgery:
- Medical Expenses – After a spine injury, bills for care can add very quickly. Our lawyers in California can help you get full payment for your ambulance costs, hospitalization, doctor’s visits, adaptive equipment, prescription medications, and any additional healthcare expenses you have.
- Lost Wages – Depending on what the doctor says, you might not be able to go to work for a few weeks or months. Without the assistance of an expert lawyer, it might be hard for you to pay your rent and buy food. With the help of a lawyer, you can get money to makeup for the income you lost, giving you the security you need to get better.
- Less ability to make a living – As stated, permanent problems can keep you from working or cause a big drop in your earnings. If that’s the case, these fines can help you makeup for the loss of income.
- Pain and Sorrow – Spinal cord damage can cause pain deep in the body, pain that lasts for a long time, and suffering from tense muscles. These injuries can help you deal with the physical pain your condition causes.
- Troubled Feelings – Accident and injury patients often have trouble with their emotions, PTSD, anxiety, and other emotional problems. Our California spinal cord injury lawyers can help you get the money you need to pay for therapy and, if needed, prescription medications.
Workers’ compensation lawyers at Gaylord and Nantais can help if you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury on the job. Contact us at this moment at (562) 561-2669 to set up a no-cost consultation.