Workers in virtually every industry are susceptible to experiencing an accident at the workplace. Even office workers can develop workplace injuries like repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel, and instructors can be victims of violence and assault in the classroom; there is no industry in which employees are completely immune to the risk of injury. In the United States, 2,607,900 nonfatal injuries and 5190 fatal injuries were recorded in 2021.
Claim Types for Work Injury in California
When it comes to recovering losses following a workplace injuries, the majority of Californian employees have three primary options. These include:
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits – Workers’ compensation insurance is required of most California employers by law. Workers’ compensation provides “no-fault” benefits for injuries and ailments sustained on the job.
- Disability Benefits – If eligible, you may also be able to petition for Social Security Administration disability benefits (SSA).
Why Do I Need a Work Injury Lawyer?
Most likely, your employer does have a legal connection that can be used in workers’ comp cases. A lot of people who get hurt on the job don’t know what their rights are. In some cases, victims don’t do what they need to do to get their money, so they miss their chance. Hiring a work injury lawyer can help you protect your rights and do the following for you:
- Help you choose a doctor – If you call an attorney right away after an accident at work, you might get a recommendation for a doctor from someone you trust. Our LA lawyers can help you decide which doctor to go to for a fair, reliable exam that meets workers’ comp requirements after you get hurt or sick.
- Maximize recovery – All in all, a workers’ compensation lawyer in Los Angeles can help you get the most money for your injury at work. How much you get for your claim can depend on how well you negotiate, how aggressively you fight for your case, and whether you have the right to go to court.
- Manage the insurance claims – Don’t make common mistakes like forgetting to tell your boss about the injury or missing the state’s strict deadline for filing your claim. These things could hurt your chances of being paid. Hire a lawyer to handle the whole claims process for you, from start to finish.
- Bring your case to court – The most significant purpose to hire a lawyer for a workplace injuries is to get ready for court. If your employer’s insurance company denies your claim or if your injuries were caused by someone else’s carelessness, a trial may be the best way to go. For help with a third-party claim, you need a lawyer.
- Get a better settlement – Despite what you might think, you can negotiate a better workers’ comp settlement. If you think the insurance company isn’t giving you enough money to cover the damages from your accident, a lawyer can help you negotiate for more.
If you don’t do this, your claim is likely to be turned down. The Gaylord and Nantais can help you get the Workers’ Compensation benefits you deserve for your work injury. Call Gaylord and Nantais at (562) 561-2669 to get a free consultation today.