Los Angeles | West Covina | Santa Ana | Long Beach
Experience you need.
Trust you expect.
Results you want.

Call Us (Available 24/7)

(562) 561-2669
(213) 732-3436
(805) 800-8799

Se Habla Espanol !​


Mon - Fri
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Top FAQs on Workers Compensation Claim and Insurance

workers-compensation-claim-insurance | Gaylord & Nantais

What should I do if I’m injured at work?

Report the accident and any possible injuries to your supervisor.

What benefits can I get?

Worker’s compensation will pay for your medical bills as well as any money lost from missed wages.

Does insurance pay my benefits?

Employers are required to carry insurance to cover your medical bills if you are injured at work.

Are there deadlines?

Yes! There are deadlines for reporting your injuries as well as filing any claims. As per the law, you need to notify your employer about your work injury within 30 days of the incident. In case there’s repetitive trauma injury, you should notify your supervisor, someone in the human resources, or the management, as soon as you become aware that you might be getting your symptoms due to your work activities.

It is very important for you to know about labor code section 3600(a) (10). This code states that in case you are injured at work and failed to seek medical attention or haven’t notified your employer regarding the work injury compensation before you receive a notice of termination, then you won’t be allowed to file your claim and obtain your workers’ compensation benefits.

Am I responsible for my medical bills?

You may be responsible for small co-pay amounts, but the majority of bills associated with your injury.

How long will my benefits last?

Your benefits will last as long as the treatment for the work-related injury.

Can I be fired while I’m on worker’s compensation?

If you are temporarily disabled on worker’s compensation, your employer may not terminate you or lay-off. However, in certain conditions like when if it is clear through your medical evidence that you are unable to return to your usual work or if your employer needs to replace your position because of business necessity, they may instead hire a temporary employee rather than replacing you.

If an employee is receiving worker’s compensation benefits but returns to work, does the employee still get worker’s compensation benefits?

It is likely the benefits will cease, if returning to work enables the employee to receive wages equal to or greater than he/she was receiving prior to the injury. Although, if the employee is still experiencing wage loss due to injury, he/she may continue to receive wage loss benefits, but the amount will be lesser.

I still have some questions about worker’s compensation insurance coverage and whether I should sue for injuries. What should I do?

You can always speak to an attorney if you have questions about your injury, whether it is covered, or what is considered reasonable compensation, etc.

Do I need a Worker’s Compensation attorney?

Yes! As soon as you can after your injury, you should hire a Workers’ Compensation Attorney. If you live in the Long Beach, CA area, call Gaylord & Nantais today! They will represent your case and make sure you get the compensation you need and deserve.


Picture of Thomas M. Nantais

Thomas M. Nantais

Thomas M. Nantais is the Partner of Gaylord & Nantais, a legal firm specializing in workers’ compensation, in the state of California. This firm deals in getting hearing loss compensation and work related injuries compensation for those who have worked in the state of California. With his sincere efforts, Thomas is committed to meet the highest standards of the legal industry, and aims to provide the clients with an honest and aggressive representation.

Leave a Reply

Need Help?

Get a Free Case Evaluation

Get your case evaluated from the most trusted attorney in Long Beach and Los Angeles