Need of a Professional
If you suffer from an injury at the workplace, it would be inconvenient for you- both physically and financially. Hiring a professional who can take care of all your legal needs would be the best option. He can navigate you through the entire filing process of work injury compensation.
How to Claim Worker’s Compensation
These are some of the most important steps involved with a worker’s compensation claim:
- Know You Are Covered – You can ask your employer whether you are secured or not. If the answer is no, then you need to consult an injury lawyer.
- Assess the Accident Condition – If you have been injured by a machine, an employee or due to the negligent working environment, you are entitled to a settlement from your employer. An experienced injury lawyer can tell you the validity of your claim.
- Ascertain Social Security Disability – It is also known as State Disability Indemnity. It is paid through the Employment Development Department (EDD) and is a benefit paid by the state for non-work related injuries which cause temporary disability. It is also paid for denied work-related claims. If you have a doctor who can certify the status of your disability, you can get the EDD benefits for up to 1 year.
- Medical Attention – Get your injuries examined and documented by a doctor. Your medical reports can be presented as evidence in the court.
- Choose an Experienced Injury Lawyer – You must consider free consultations offered by several personal injury lawyers. It will help you select the right lawyer. Consider someone with relevant experience in handling personal injury cases. Since most of the cases or personal injury compensation are settled out of court, you still need a lawyer to make sure that you receive the maximum compensation amount.
Selecting the right work injury lawyer will ensure that you get the right guidance and appropriate compensation.